Thursday, April 14, 2011

Alpha Delta Pi and the Ronald McDonald House

Spring becomes a busy time for the Panhellenic community because almost every chapter on campus starts to host their own philanthropy event to raise money for their national cause. Alpha Delta Pi held their Race for Ronald, a 5k walk/run with proceeds benefitting the Ronald McDonald house, the morning of April 2 at Hollywood Southwind Theater track in Lawrence.
Their philanthropy coordinator was pleased with this year's turnout and wanted to share their success with the Panhellenic community!

"When I became philanthropy chair of Alpha Delta Pi, I knew I wanted to get involved as well as get the women of my house more involved with our cause. When I walked into the Ronald McDonald House for the first time, I was immediately welcomed into a calm, happy environment. From then on the Ronald McDonald House became a personal mission. My goal was to find a way to help this house become even more comfortable, well- stocked and friendly. More and more girls began volunteering and taking pride in their dedication to the house. On April 2, 2011, we held our 7th annual Race for Ronald. This is a 5k race followed by a raffle that has become a yearly tradition at Alpha Delta Pi. I had an absolute blast organizing this. The weather was beautiful, we had a lot of wonderful people show up, and the CEO of Ronald McDonald House Topeka spoke a couple words before the race. With over 250 registries, we raised almost 5,000 dollars. With this generous amount of money Alpha Delta Pi and I couldn’t be happier in continuing to support the mission of the Ronald McDonald House." - Lauren Lottino is a freshman Alpha Delta Pi serving as Philanthropy Cordinator

No comments:

Post a Comment